Saturday 13 February 2016

SWAMPS Sunday 7.2.16

             SWAMPS Sunday 7.2.16

Not much flying for myself since we had our Xmas breakup last year, I think this was only the 3rd time me and Alex had got to the field. I know however that others had been using the field on a much more regular attendance, which good to see. Today started with perfect flying weather and all made the best of it early, had some lunch and proceeded with other commitments in the afternoon, at the same time the wind got quite strong. A  good attendance as well, with Brad Crossman ,who we haven't seen for some time there early and along with Ben got in a couple of good uneventful flights, well done!!! Joe Thoonan and son of Martin paying us another visit, bit of a family affair going on there and  some  new work friends of Mikes also making the trip. All I believe had a good pleasurable day...........






 Matts recovered Sky Raider, OS 40 up front and below some more of his models. Matt also making the transition from electric to glow and
improving his skills as a result....

 Left is Martin's trainer, below is cousin Joe's electric glider, Joe also had a trainer  or 2 on the day and below that is Martins sons Heli, Thoonan family squad....


 Left is Mikes Ultimate bipe and and below his Quad and along with his sons, not to be out done as  I think I saw 3 such examples around on the day  and at least 2 in the sky at the same time.

 Right is one of Mikes new work mates 40 size trainer, in what I would  say had a Stick influenced stiled theme......Sorry I didn't get round to catch a name and introduce myself........
 Right is Fred's Dragon Lady, Saito 65 four stroke powered, not the only one on the day as Chris H had his red and white version  there as well as a Red Zephyr to pair up with Alex's. Below is Fred C's mid 80 inch Seagull Mustang, bought some years back on our passing through Wagga Wagga on our way to Tamora for the  warbirds down under weekend at Col Taylor's shop. Conducted so engine test runs ZDZ 40 Petrol up front

Left my 120 OS Four stroke powered CMPRO Spitfire.



I know there where some others who came a different times during the day,so if you can help me with some names etc I will add thanks David......

No comments:

Post a Comment